Many college students don't take grammar into account when they're writing their assignments. However, they don't realise how important good grammar is. Without it, their writing can be difficult and frustrating to read. If you want to improve your grammar and clinch better grades on your assignments, use these nine tools to your advantage.
1. Academized: If it's the grammar itself that you are struggling with, give this English Grammar Handbook a try. It breaks down all the issues you may have with grammar in an easily understood way. If you keep this page handy when you're writing, you'll find that it's much easier to avoid making errors.
2. Assignment Help: This site offers a plethora of useful tools for any college student, but this assignment help guide is the best place to start before writing. It goes through the different types of voice used in essays, the arguments you need to use, and even how to lay out your essay itself. If you're wondering how to start writing, this is where you should go.
3. Cite It In: Another important part of essay writing that many students forget about is citations. If you don't cite your sources properly, you can be flagged for plagiarism when you submit your work. To avoid this happening, use this tool to create correct citations for your sources. Just copy them into your essay and you're ready to go.
4. BigAssignments: If you want somewhere to really dig into writing and how it works, this writing center is the place to be. It's staffed by professional writers who specialize in writing academic texts, so you can be assured that they know their stuff. Come talk to them when you're trying to figure out why you're struggling with your grammar, and they can walk you through it.
5. Grammar Check: This tool is great if you need to check your work quickly. Proofreading can take a while, but this will remove a lot of the work at a single stroke. All you have to do is copy your text into the text box, and it will highlight any issues it finds. Then, all you have to is click on them to correct them, than you can paste the text back into your document.
6. UK Writings: This academic writing site offers the help of professional writers to any student. If you're struggling to find the time to write your essay, or you need someone to proofread and edit it, then get in touch. They can help you out and create an essay that you're proud to submit.
7. Guide To Grammar And Writing: Do you need a guide that you can navigate quickly? Then this is the grammar site you want to use. It features drop down menus that let you pick from several different grammatical issues, such as conjunctions, tenses and paragraph creation. There are even quizzes available so you can test yourself on what you have learned.
8. OXEssays: The hardest part about being a student is that you have no one to read your essay before you send it out. Therefore, there's no one to catch the mistakes you missed on your first pass through. This writing tool can be that second person for you. Just send the work in, and it’ll proofread and edit it for you. All you have to do is submit it.
9. Purdue Online Writing Lab: This grammar resource houses a full and detailed explanation of any grammatical issue you've ever had. Find the theme that you need help with, such as prepositional or pronouns, and you can access a useful, in-depth article about it. If there's an issue you need help with, you're sure to find the answer here.
Keep these tools bookmarked and in a safe place for when you need them the most. When you're writing or proofreading, you'll be glad you kept them. Use them when needed and you'll see your writing improve and your grades skyrocket!
Mary Walton is a professional editor currently living in Santa Monica. She's starting educational blog Simple Grad to share her thoughts on education and writing. Follow Mary on Twitter and Linkedin!